DETEKTOR OF THE DARK, THE DIRTY, THE DEEP

Saturday, September 25, 2010

French Reggae Bootlegs?



So I was in Paris this past winter, you know, scouting for culture. The city kind of sucks in general (closes relatively early, very expensive, exceptionally conservative -- or maybe that's just my experience) but I did find this amazing record store called Patate Records, which pretty much only sells reggae. I'm talkin' all types of reggae- roots, conscious, digi-dub, ragga, some jungle refixes, but the real gold-mine was their selection of 7" bootleg remixes.

That's where I first heard about the Bombists, a french production team that puts out super DL bootleg remixes of popular party tracks. I was getting my set ready for a night at the Enormous Room in Cambridge, MA, and I came across one of the few Bombist remixes available digitally, a sweet remix of Cassie's "Me and U." I also came across a fabulous roots remix of Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger."

You can order Bombist 7 inches from Juno. But for now you can have this awesome Cassie bootleg. And the Daft Punk remix. All yours.





Download: Cassie "Me and U" (Bombist Bootleg)


I can't stream the Daft Punk remix 'cuz it's hosted on mediafire and isn't a direct download, but seriously just take my word for it -- you should cop this.

Download: Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger (Bombist Bootleg)


No comments:

Post a Comment