DETEKTOR OF THE DARK, THE DIRTY, THE DEEP

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WHERE MY GIRLS AT



So I guess R&B is back? So Bones has been predicting the revival for some time now and I was just diligently waiting for everyone else to catch on. Once dismissed by "educated white people" as sappy commercial garbage, R&B has made the move from ironic / half-hearted "guilty pleasure" to genuine object of affection. Whereas other parts of the world have stayed loving R&B, we hipsters are becoming reacquainted.

We can thank people like Kingdom and Brenmar, and generally the recent movement back towards 2step and garage in the UK (which have R&B sensibilities at their core), for the reintroduction of these styles into our cultural landscape.

Also, I assume y'all have been watching the Nicki v. Kim beef closely and I just wanted to say: GOOD PR MOVE KIM!! honestly I've been listening to Lil Kim more in these past two weeks than I did at any point in my life and it's all because she picked the right time to pounce.

ANYWAYS, here's a classic that I found in time for a party I played on Saturday in Cambridge. It's low bit-rate but its certainly good enough for the floor. Just listen.

702 - Where My Girls At
702 - Where My Girls At (Fanatic Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment